Trinity's Worship Fellowship is a one-year intensive for worship leaders who desire to grow in both the practice and theology of leading worship. It is designed to help the applicant discern a potential call to ministry and to provide intentional exposure to ministry leadership, training, and equipping in a growing, multi-parish, urban church. The applicant will be a fully integrated staff member, work 20-25 hours per week, and receive a monthly stipened.
the Application window is closed for 2018
- A vibrant faith in Jesus evidenced by faithfulness and fruitfulness.
- A sense of calling to lead people in corporate worship.
- An eagerness to participate in the life and community of Trinity.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in both voice and a lead instrument (i.e. piano or guitar).
- Must possess the innate ability to lead people in worship.
WORSHIP fellow RESPONSIBILITIES
WORSHIP LEADING / BAND MEMBER
- Assist in leading and /or scheduling the music and scripture reading teams for our weekly services as well as our monthly Worship & Prayer service.
- Play within the band as scheduled.
WEEKLY PRODUCTION PREPARATION
- Input songs and scripture into ProPresenter each week for the upcoming services.
- Maintain our database of song charts and MP3s
- Oversee CCLI licensing and reporting.
- Stage set up.
SPECIAL SERVICES SUPPORT
- Participate in and possibly lead parts of our liturgical services throughout the year (Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Lent Prayer, baptisms, etc.).
- Assist in service prep for these services.
STAFF RELATED MEETINGS
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Meet with various ministry leaders to gain an understanding of how Trinity’s ministries are integrated.
- Attend weekly review meetings with worship staff.
- Participate in Trinity’s Worship Fellow Tracks.
- Commit to shadowing and being mentored and coached by Marty Reardon.
WORSHIP fellow TRACKS
A THEOLOGY OF CORPORATE WORSHIP
- Biblical principles of corporate worship
- Three streams worship (Charismatic, Evangelical, and Liturgical)
- Service orders, the church year, and liturgy
LEADING CORPORATE WORSHIP
- The role of a worship leader
- Leading in the Holy Spirit
- Set list design
TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF CORPORATE WORSHIP
- Musicianship & Music Theory
- Audio/Video Training
- Personal development reading assignments
- Developing a rule of life
- Pastoral development reading assignments